Thursday 30 June 2011

Surface Design for Individual Options

For my individual options I chose fashion. I chose the theme 'Deco Boudior' as it was mainly inspired by 1920s jewelery and the flapper movement. I spent most of the time in the archive drawing from 1920s jewelery and also visited London to draw from old buildings such as Liberty's. I decided to digitally print some designs and screen print others. I wanted a contrast and think the collection looks good. I love my colour palette!!
 
Embroidered design with a tactile structure.

Digitally printed design on Crepe de Chine.

Digitally printed layering.

My bay - waiting to be marked.

I will get my drawing sheets uploaded so you can see how I developed my designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...