Thursday 30 June 2011

Surface Design for Fashion

Level 5 - I missed two weeks of this project due to my work experience. This has been my favorite assignment so far. I'm not sure why but I have such a passion for WW2 it's not classed as normal. I thought choosing the theme 'Romantic Aviation' would be perfect for me as I loved the colour palette for the trend and already had lots of primary research from my grandad. I also visited Eden Camp and got lots of useful pictures that helped me design. I used bits of old leather in my prints making my designs tactile and quirky.


Drawing sheet.

Drawing sheet.

Drawing sheet.

Drawing sheet.

Embroidered fabric.

Embroidered fabric.

Stand at Indigo, Paris. One of my designs are hung up, far left.

By the end of this assignment I was nocturnal. The hard work got paid off though when my work was chosen to go to Indigo in Paris. It was interesting to see how the industry worked and also look at the latest trends and designs that were out. I am pleased I had the oppotunity to take part in this event.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...