Wednesday 29 June 2011

Sunshine

Who would of thought a heatwave would make me recollect my thoughts and make me eager to blog?
I am making a promise to update this blog weekly to let you know what is going on in my life instead of yearly posts trying to cram everything in.

So this is my LAST yearly update....

This past year I have entered the Bradford Textiles Society competition, shown my gift designs to Hallmark and went to Paris in February were I took three final fashion designs to the worlds premier fabric show, Indigo, Premier Vision. I have visited endless amounts of  museums in London and also went to the Cleveland Degree Show to see the work produced by the Textile and Surface Design students.

I completed a two week placement in London at Pattern Textiles. The designers were lovely and gave me lots of tips on how to get into the industry. I learnt lots of new techniques which I incorporated into my assignments at university. My new love of Pellicci's in Bethnal Green is also down to the designers, I enjoyed plenty of meals and champagne whilst on my placement there.

I have finished my second year at Cleveland College of Art and Design and I'm very pleased with my marks! I've had few weeks off to relax in Tenerife and Majorca. I feel very rejuvenated and now I'm all set to start preparing for my minor project...

Little hints of relaxation is the key.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...