Wednesday 29 June 2011

Surface Design for Interiors

Level 4 - I was really excited about starting this project. I visited St Paul's Cathedral and was inspired by my theme 'Boroque.' I collected lots of research but when I started drawing, my drawings were subtle and didn't reflect the theme I chose. So after a lot of stress and mental blocks I changed my theme to 'Rococo.'

Subtle drawings.


Interior design contrast.

Interior design contrast.



Design layout for my length.


Finished printed length.


I was pleased with the outcome. I had never printed a full length before so it was useful to learn how to line up the screen so the print would run smoothly. Throughout the assignment I also learnt how to mix different dyes in the lab and also cut through a complicated design for repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...