Wednesday 29 June 2011

Textiles and Surface Design

Here are some of my embroidery samples from Level 4. We used line drawings of foliage to create embroidered samples. I found it easy to select small sections to embroider so I could concentrate on capturing all the detail from my drawing sheets.

This is one of my drawing sheets. I love line drawings!! I always seem to create quirky images when I draw with my mind instead of sight.

Embroidered copy of my drawing sheet.

Careful observation and small stitches.

Embroidered drawing sheet.

Close up.

Different harshness of line.

Embroidered drawing sheet.

This was my first embroidering. The techniques I learnt were the basics, so I am going to create my own embroidery samples over the summer and also have a go at building up tactile surfaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...