Thursday 23 February 2012

Printsource New York

'Printsource New York, The Premier Market for Surface and Textile Design in the USA, holds three shows a year in New York City. As the hub for the world’s top creative talent, Printsource showcases hundreds of collections by international surface and textile design studios and agents. England, France, Italy, Spain, Australia and the U.S.A. are just some of the countries featured each season at the Show, which is the main resource for surface and textile design for America's major manufacturers, retailers and catalogs. The Show covers such industries as men's, children's and women's apparel, bed and bath, kitchen and tabletop, paper goods and stationery, wallcoverings, window fashions as well as other surface and textile design applications.'




I'm very excited to announce my work experience has been confirmed for April this year. I will be working on my university stand at Printsource trade show in New York. I will be exhibiting my fashion fabric prints which will give me a great insight into the full process from designing a final collection to selling the designs to clients which then are reproduced. I will get the opportunity to hand out my press pack internationally and gain more contacts in the industry. My aim is to get a position in industry where I would do a month designing prints and a month selling. I have already completed two studio placements and can't wait to experience the selling side to make sure it is definitely for me!



All images taken from printsourcenewyork.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...