Sunday 9 October 2011

Rustic Rhino

I've been very busy since my last post. I've been on another holiday to Cala Bona in Majorca for a little relax before my 2 week placement at Keeler Gordon in London. I had such a good time whilst on the placement and met some lovely people. I enjoyed talking to the designers about how they got into the industry. I worked along side the designers to complete a number of tasks, such as drawing lace prints, dying fabrics, screen printing and embellishing vintage clothes.

Drawing patterns for lace on tracing paper to be took onto Photoshop.

Inspirational books from Keeler Gordon Studios.
While I was in London I was busy moving flats from Swiss Cottage to Kilburn, so had a very hectic schedule. I did manage to visit the V&A and take photographs for my theme for my Minor Project. When I arrived back in Middlesbrough, I had the weekend to prepare my work and then it was straight back to CCAD to start my final year. I completed a body of work over the summer but then changed my theme from Rustic Romance to Rustic Rhino. My market research made my decision to change my theme. I looked at Etso's collection for the colour palette and Valentino's collection for the tactile elements. Instead of basing my theme on flowers and butterflies, I have based my concept on Rhinosinusitis, my allergies. I took imagery from flowers, butterflies, feathers, dust molecules and mould. My theme is all about being able to love things from a distance. Three boxes of anti histamine and two weeks into this project. I am still inspired and enjoying it. I will upload my drawing sheets once they are complete.

Inspiration - My Bay.

My Bay.

Etro Autumn/ Winter 2009/10 Collection

Valentino Autumn/Winter 2011/12 Collection

I've also made a start on my dissertation. I'm so glad I chose to write it about 'How the lifestyle of World War 2 influenced fashion.' For my research I've been interviewing family members I don't get to see as often as I would like to, I spent the day at my Great Aunt Bim's who was 19 years old when the war broke out. She gave me lots of useful information, a backlog of Remember When magazines, old photographs and also a coat and two skirts her sister made her during the war.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...