Monday 1 August 2011

Flutterbys

I've been very busy these past few weeks, collecting lots of research for my new assignment 'Rustic Romance.' I've been taking lots of photographs of flowers, butterflies and foliage. Although I didn't realise how scared I am of butterflies!! Which I realised whilst visiting Butterfly World in Preston Park and also Sensational Butterflies outside the Natural History Museum in London. I love the patterns on these beautiful creatures, just don't enjoy being covered head to toe in them. Here is a photo from the National History Museum, looking very friendly with one of them...

Making friends with the butteryflutters.

After looking at the butterflies, I don't want to use the shape of them that much in my designs. Just the patterns, whilst I was at the Natural History Museum I decided to have a look round and came across some lovely well preserved butterflies. Here are a couple...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...